The girl came back from school and passed me a recipe for Nutella Bars. “Can we make this? I’ve been drooling throughout the class today …”
Apparently, the Math teacher used this recipe ingredients to illustrate the concept of ratio, how sweet (literally)!
It’s pretty kid-friendly, both the making (It’s a no bake recipe!) and eating part, so you might like to include this as an activity for you and your children during the school holidays, or this weekend if you can’t wait!
Save me the hassle of signing up for a holiday baking class. 🙂
RECIPE : NO BAKE NUTELLA BARS
120g butter, unsalted
2 cups caster sugar (I reduced it to 1 & 1/4 cups)
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup fresh milk
1/2 cup Nutella
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 & 1/2 cups rolled oats
Optional : Rice bubbles, Sprinkles, Chocolate Chips, Chocolate Rice
01. Line a baking pan* with baking paper and set aside.
02. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
03. Add sugar, cocoa powder and milk, let mixture boil for one minute. Remove for heat.
04. Add Nutella, vanilla extract, rolled oats, rice bubbles (optional) to the pan and mix well to combine all ingredients.
05. Pour the batter into the lined baking pan, level and smooth surface with the back of a metal spoon.
06. Decorate with sprinkles of your choice.
07. Refrigerate till mixture is set, about 3 hours.
08. Cut into desired serving size with a clean sharp knife.
09. Keep well by storing in containers, place inside fridge.
/ * I used a 8×8 inch baking pan