If the rice cooker ever breaks down one day, at least I know the stove top method. It is so easy, I hardly even take out my electric cooker to cook rice anymore.
Jasmine White Rice
2 cups raw jasmine white rice
2 cups water
01. Wash rice thoroughly and drain. I rinse it in the small saucepan that I using to cook the rice, with at least 3 changes of water. Rinse till water is almost clear.
02. Add in equal portion of water.
03. Soaking is optional, I like to soak mine for 30 minutes. The raw rice will turn white after absorbing the water.
04. Cover the saucepan and bring it to boil over medium heat. Turn to lower heat, and let it cook over a gentle simmer until all the water are absorbed by the rice. My 2 cups of rice take about 8 minutes.
05. Turn off heat, and leave it to sit, pot covered and undisturbed, for at least 10 minutes. This step is very important to achieve fluffy rice, as the rice continues to cook through steaming in the pot.
06. After 10 minutes, remove lid and fluff the rice with a fork, especially the portion at the bottom of the pot. Serve immediately.