Who doesn’t like minimal recipes?
Basic everyday pantry items PLUS simple cooking method, like roasting chicken thighs with just rosemary, garlic, olive oil, salt and black pepper. Delicious, yet not time consuming. Here’s the bonus : even lesser time spent on cleaning up after cooking.
RECIPE : EASY ROAST CHICKEN THIGH
/ Cooking method vaguely adapted from this Source
2 chicken thighs
2 garlic cloves, sliced
2-3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Ground black pepper
01. Wash chicken thighs thoroughly and pat dry with clean towel.
02. Rub seasoning (olive oil, black pepper ground and salt) over the chicken thighs.
03. Carefully separate the skin from the meat to create a pocket, place some slices of garlic and rosemary sprigs between the skin and the meat. **
04. Place chicken thighs in a french oven, covered.
05. In a preheated oven at 205C(400F), bake the thighs for 30 minutes, with the lid on.
06. After 30 minutes, turn down the temperature to 190C (375F), remove the cover, and bake for another 25 minutes, or until the thighs are thoroughly cooked through.
07. Once it is ready, take out the pot from the oven, and transfer the thighs to a serving plate.
08. If not serving immediately, keep the roasted chicken thighs warm in the heated french oven, covered, till ready to eat.
/ ** to achieve the most flavorful and crispy chicken skin out of a bake/roast recipe, be sure to loosen the skin from the meat, place garlic slices and rosemary sprigs under the skin, rub seasoning all over, bake with skin side up till cooked.