First read about the cake from here, who saw it here, who almost lost the recipe from here. The amount of sugar has since been cut to 160g (from 180g). I reduced it further to 150g. I also used salted butter instead of adding salt separately.
+ I used an 8 inch round pan, and baked for 80 minutes. Original recipe’s baking time was 55-60 minutes with a 7″x7″ square pan.
PUMPKIN BUTTER CAKE
// Adapted from : My Kitchen
Yields : 8 inch cake
- 250g salted butter, softened
- 150g sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 150g steamed pumpkin, cooled and mashed
- 300g self raising flour
- 20g corn flour
- 60g milk
- 150g pumpkin, peeled and diced
- pumpkin slices, for topping (optional)
- pumpkin seeds, for topping (optional)
01. Preheat oven to 175ºC. Line and grease the baking pan.
02. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
03. Add in eggs, one at a time, and continue creaming until colour turned pale.
04. Stir in mashed pumpkin and mix well.
05. Sift together 2 types of flour, fold into the mixture alternate with milk.
06. Gently stir in diced pumpkin.
07. Transfer batter in to baking pan, arrange pumpkin slices and sprinkle pumpkin seeds on the surface.
08. Bake for 80 minutes or until testing stick comes out clean. Cool thoroughly on rack before serving.