This Pandan Chiffon Cake recipe was from a corporate desktop calendar. No celebrity chefs or food bloggers (the recipes compiled were contributed by the staff of the company) , no fancy ingredients, no hype and just one simple photo of the cake.
PANDAN CHIFFON CAKE
Adapted from : Ascendas 2013 Calendar, November Recipe
- 100g cake flour, sifted
- 6 egg yolks
- 20g castor sugar
- 50g olive oil
- 50g fresh milk
- 50g coconut cream
- 50g condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pandan leaf juice
- 100g castor sugar
- 12g corn flour
- 6 egg whites
Oven Temp : 180C
Duration : 35 minutes of baking, 15 minutes of cooling
Bakeware : 16cm chiffon pan ( I used a 26cm bundt pan without problem)
01. In an electric mixer with paddle attachment, combine egg yolks and castor sugar well at medium speed.
02. Add olive oil, fresh milk, coconut cream, condensed milk, pandan juice, and mix till well combined.
03. Fold in sifted cake flour. Let batter mixture stand for 10 minutes.
04. In a separate mixing bowl, with a whisk attachment, beat ingredients B (egg whites, cornflour, castor sugar) till stiff peak stage.
05. Fold in egg white mixture gently into the batter mixture in 3 additions, just until blended, without deflating the batter.
06. Pour batter into chiffon cake pan. Run a butter knife across the batter to remove air pockets.
07. Bake at 180C for 35 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
08. Invert pan on a rack to cool for 15 minutes before removing to serve.