++Notes001 // Frozen dough can be kept up to a month.
// Adapted from <<每天都是饼干日>>
// Yields 40 cookies
- 95g top flour, sifted
- 25g almond grounds
- 50g icing sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 20g egg
- 65g unsalted butter, softened
- 2g loose powdered red/black tea leaves/ leaves from 1 tea bag
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
01. In a mixing bowl, whisk softened butter, then add icing sugar and salt, continue whisking.
02. Mix in the egg. Whisk again.
03. Add tea leaves and vanilla extract. Stir with a spoon to mix well all ingredients.
04. Finally, pour flour and almond grounds into the mixture, stir until a dough is formed. Chill this in the fridge for 30mins if it is too soft to be kneaded/shaped.
05. After 30 minutes, take the dough out and roll it into a log. wrap in plastic or parchment paper and freeze it for 1-2 hours.
06. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 180C/350F. Take out dough from the wrap and cut it into 0.6cm slices with a sharp knife.
07. Arrange cookie doughs on lined baking tray, with 2cm gap between each cookie.
08. Bake for 10 minutes.
09. Cool cookies on racks completely before storing in airtight containers.