// Adapted from <<每天都是饼干日>>
// Yields 18 cookies
- 110g almond flour, sifted twice
- 10g castor sugar
- 60g icing sugar, sifted twice
- 30g egg white
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 18 whole almonds, for garnishing
01. In a clean, grease-free mixing bowl, whisk egg white till frothy. Add castor sugar, and whisk fast to beat mixture till stiff peaks form.
02. Add vanilla extract, stir gently to combine.
03. Pour in sifted icing sugar and almond flour, fold in gently with a spatula. Stop once flour and icing sugar are incorporated.
04. Chill dough till it becomes harder and easier to shape with hands. Pinch and weigh 10g of the dough and roll it into a ball, place it on a lined baking tray, leaving about 2cm gap between the cookies.
05. Place an almond on top of each cookie and push it into the dough slightly.
06. Bake in a preheated oven (180C/350F) for 10 minutes.
07. Cool completely before storing in airtight containers.