Make a Nutella Lava Mug Cake, the easiest way to enjoy Nutella other than licking a spoonful of it direct from the bottle.
Chocolate chips are added into the batter before baking for the a gooey, molten chocolate center.effect.
++Notes001 // To know how long it takes for your microwave oven to cook the mug cake, watch the cake while it is cooking in the oven. The cake will reach a “dramatic rise” stage when it is about to be done. Once that happens, give it another 5 seconds, the texture should be just nice; moist and not too dried out.
NUTELLA LAVA MUG CAKE
// Adapted from Plateful
// Makes 4 cakes with small ramkins, or 2 cakes with jam jars
- 4 tablespoons self rising flour, sifted
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Chocolate chips, for lava effect. I used Nestle Toll House Semi-sweet chocolate morsels
01. Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a bowl.
02. Whisk with a fork until mixture is smooth.
03. Divide the batter evenly betwen 4 small ramkins. Fill up only 3/4 or less, otherwise it will overflow while cooking in the microwave oven.
04. Then tip in 4-6 chocolate chips into each cup and push them into the batter with the fork until completely submerge.
05. Microwave on high power for anywhere between 30 seconds to 3 minutes, depending on the microwave wattage. My 1000W microwave took 30 seconds for small ramkins, and about 50 seconds for the jam glass jars/mug. The size of the cake/container will affect the cooking time too.